General description of natural gas distribution
Natural gas distribution activities of Tigáz-DSO Kft.: The main purpose of natural gas distribution is to transmit mains natural gas from the supply (source) point of the gas networks to the land boundary of gas consumers or some other equivalent property boundary point.
This activity is performed by Tigáz-DSO Kft., based on a regional breakdown. The operational work is performed by the Natural Gas Distribution Regional Units. The services are co-ordinated and controlled by the Natural Gas Distribution Centre at the head office of the Company.
Natural gas distribution involves the following main activities
- development of gas distribution networks,
- operation of gas distribution networks,
- maintenance of gas distribution networks,
- elimination of operational faults.
Tigáz-DSO Kft. has an exclusive right and obligation to perform the activities listed above on the gas networks owned by it. On gas distribution networks owned by third parties (e.g., municipalities), development of the distribution networks is an exception from this rule: gas network development is the right and obligation of the owner of the network.
The Natural Gas Distribution Regional Units also perform the following services for gas consumers:
- preliminary notification to applicants, sending offers, administration of Connection Contracts,
- review and approval of gas plans,
- qualification and approval of gas assembly,
- installation of pressure regulators and gas meters,
- commissioning of consumer’s gas systems.
Our Company uses advanced gas technology applications in all processes of gas distribution. The adequate quality is guaranteed by its quality assurance system, which has been audited by an independent expert.